India, Pakistan and Bangladesh: The moon sighting committees in India have begun meeting in Delhi, Mumbai and other cities, according to the latest update regarding Ramadan 2019 moon in India. The meeting began shortly after Maghrib prayers today. A formal announcement regarding start of Ramadan in India is expected any moment.
The Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee in Pakistan has started meeting today. The Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee with Mufti Munib-ur-Rehman in the chair meet in Karachi today for the sighting of the crescent of Ramzan-ul-Mubarak.
On the other hand National Moon Sighting Committee of Bangladesh will hold a meeting Monday May 06, 2019 to decide start of Ramadan
Ramadan 2019 Moon Live updates
India: Moon sighting appeal has also been issued by Hilal Committees in Lucknow, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Patna, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Chennai and other cities in India.
- 6:35pm The official decision by Central Moon Sighting Committee New Delhi is expected after Salate Maghrib Sunday evening.
- 7:15pm The Central Moon Sighting Committees in India have issued appeals to Muslims in their respective countries to sight the crescent moon.
- 7:45pm A formal announcement will be made by Shashi Imam of Jama Masjid
- 8:00pm The moon sighting committees in India have begun meeting in Delhi, Mumbai and other cities. The meeting began shortly after Maghrib prayers today evening. A formal announcement is expected at any moment now.
- 8:20pm The moon sighting committees in India have begun meeting in Delhi, Mumbai and other cities. The meeting began shortly after Maghrib prayers today evening. A formal announcement is expected at any moment now.
- 8:35pm Syed Ahmed Bukhari of Jama Masjid Delhi said in a statement that no moon sighting report from any part of India has been received.
- 8:55pm New moon is not sighted today i.e. Sunday May 05. Hence Monday will be 30th Shaban 1440 and the first day of Ramadan this year will be Tuesday May 07, 2019, Imarat-e-Sharia, Jamiat Ulema Hind, New Delhi and Shahi Imam Jama Masjid, Delhi Abdullah Bukhari said.”A meeting of Moon Sighting Committee Imarate Shariah, Jamiat Ulema was held today after Maghrib prayers. Maulana Yusuf Khan Qasmi presided the meet. He announced that there is no report of moon sighting today in Delhi or other part of India”, Imarat e Sharia said.Similar announcements were made from various parts of India including Mumbai, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Patna, Muzaffarpur, Kolkata, Mewat and Burhanpur.
Pakistan: The meeting of the Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee has started at the Karachi Met Office for Ramadan moon sighting. The meeting is presided over by Mufti Munibur Rehman.
- 8:15pm Ruet-e-Hilal Committee Chairman Mufti Munib-ur-Rehman would announce the decision of Ramadan moon sighting or otherwise subsequently on the basis of information received.
8:19pm Quoting unnamed sources, Geo News reported that Islamabad Zonal Committee has conveyed the information to the central committee that moon has not been sighted in the Federal Capital.
8:28pm DG Auqaf Punjab Tahir Raza Bukhari told media that no evidence is received for moon sighting in whole of the Punjab and that the chairman has been updated in this regard.
- 8:52pm The central committee will announce beginning of Ramadan if evidence of moon sighting is received after consulting all the four zonal offices across Pakistan. According to TV channel, the decision is awaited from Quetta and Peshawar .
- 9:05pm Talking to media, Mufti Muneeb said after gathering information from all the offices it has been confirmed that no evidence of moon sighting was received from Pakistan. It was a consensus decision of all the members of the committee, he further added.
- The Ramadan moon was not sighted in Pakistan on Sunday, hence first Roza will be on Tuesday (07th May), Mufti Muneeb ur Rehman announced after consulting all the four zonal offices.
Bangladesh: The National Moon Sighting Committee of Bangladesh will hold a meeting Monday May 06, 2019 corresponding to 29th of Shaban 1440 here to decide on the beginning of holy month of Ramadan through reviewing the reports of moon sighting. The matter has been confirmed in a press release issued by Islamic Foundation Sunday
SOURCE: Agency inputs